Register Now for the Sheffield Fun Run
Saturday 9th July 2016
Weston Park, Sheffield S10 2TP
The North Wales Fun Run in April went really well raising £605 so far. Now it is Sheffield’s turn to step up to the starting line.
5km, or roughly 3 miles to the uninitiated, is typical of the distance walked by women and children in rural Nigeria in their search for clean drinking water. Not for them the luxury of simply turning on a tap.
The whole course is along footpaths and is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs. If preferred, participants can run on the grass alongside most of the paths.
Who Participates? The short answer is everyone! We have serious runners who are training for other events; we have family groups who race between themselves; we have parents with buggies; we have dog-walkers. Some run, others stroll.
This sponsored event annually raises enough money to provide a rural commmunity in Nigeria with a borehole that will give clean drinking water throughout the year to every man, woman and child in the village.
If we want to help more communities this year, your participation in the event is crucial and raising sponsorship is vital.
Here are a few things you should know:
- The run will begin at 11:00am from the Museum in Weston Park, which is next to Firth Court, the University of Sheffield on Western Bank & opposite the Children’s Hospital. We are raising money to help communities in Nigeria who have no clean water supply.
- Registration will take place on the steps of the Museum overlooking the bandstand.
- Registration will finish at 10:50am so please report to the registration point in good time
- Entry fees are:
- £ 4 per adult
- £ 2 per child (15 and under)
- £10 per family (2 adults & up to 3 children)
These can be paid online at: http://www.justgiving.com/Steve-Horton3
- You can leave your belongings at Registration and there are toilets in the Museum
- There will be qualified first aiders in attendance
- There will be medals for all finishers
- The route is 5k long, approximately as far many women and children in Nigeria have to go to fetch their water
- An easy way to manage your sponsorship is online. If you go to www.justgiving.com/taste you can set up your own webpage and collect all your sponsorship electronically – it is very easy and collecting sponsorship money is painless!
- To speed up registration, please register in advance online at www.taste.org.uk or return a registration form before Monday 4 July.
- This is a sponsored event, please get a sponsor form in advance and sign up your family and friends. Please add up the total amount promised, enter it on the sponsor form and bring your sponsor form with you. It will need to be stamped for authentication
Remember this is a FUN event, whether you run or walk, so please come and enjoy yourselves
You can pay your sponsorship money in cash, by cheque,
or on-line at www.taste.org.uk
The TASTE Trustees are grateful to God for your support
Please send to TASTE, 15 Hawthorn Road, Sheffield, S6 4LG
Tel: 0114 233 7617, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.taste.org.uk, Facebook: TASTE Charity, Twitter:@taste_safewater